What could be more delicious than a wild blueberry sauce from Quebec to accompany our cake! This sauce is perfect for both small and special occasions and will add color and freshness to your cake.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Material: small saucepan, zester
2 cups (500 ml) frozen wild blueberries
1/4 cup (60 mL) water
1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
1 lemon, its zest and 15 ml of its juice
30 ml (2 tbsp) cornstarch, diluted in 30 ml (2 tbsp) cold water
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, water, maple syrup and lemon juice. Stir frequently and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add diluted cornstarch and lemon zest, making sure not to crush the blueberries.
- Simmer, 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce is smooth.
- Serve hot or cold with our rum cake.